Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014




Movie review on 'The Princess Bride'
On Monday January 13, from classes 13~16 watched an old movie ' The Princess Bride'. Before I start the review, let's watch the trailer first.
How was the movie trailer? It looks very old right? But this movie is very popular even now and many people have seen it. The director of the movie is Rob Reiner and this movie was made in 1987 which is 27 years old. According to the IMDB( Movie rating site) the genre of this movie is adventure and fairy tale, this is because the movie was about prince saving the princess and kissing which was very obvious. The main characters are princess Buttercup, Prince Humperdicnk, Westley. When I heard the title ' The Princess Bride', I thought it was going to be a lame movie made for teenage girls. When I heard a poor princess marrying the prince, I didn't want to watch it. Moreover it's 80s movie! Actually I found out later that there were a lot of fans of this movie, what's more surprising is that they are mostly knowledge people and 30 years old men! It's true that the filming technique skill wasn't very satisfying because this movie is 23 years old, but the British wit, the the child's coolness and the movie wasn't too emotional or rephrasing, that's why I get an affection towards this movie. I was curious about Fezzik(The Giant) during the whole movie. I did a little research on  him. His name is Andre and he is a giant to the result of unbalanced hormone growth. My favorite character in the movie in the movie was definitely Inigo. He was one of the kidnappers, but he is on a revenge to kill a 6 fingered man who killed his father. My favorite quote from him is " My name is Inigo Montana, you killed my father so prepare to die." It's pretty obvious that vilians are killed by justice and that's how fairy tales should be. To be honest, I actually didn't like the movie that much because, I like genres like action, thriller, and horror. If I liked fairy tales, I would of definitely loved the movie.

I could learn on e lesson from this movie. Justice wins. This might sound too obvious, but that's how movies are and should be to entertain the audience. I can also learn some  qualities of leadership from the characters. I could learn leadership from Westley. He was responsible to strengthen him and used his smart brain to trick people. Because of his two benifits, he even turned his enemies to his team and save the princess. If I was the princess I would also trust Westely because of his abilities to lead people.




2 comments:

  1. Nathan- this is a well written post about the movie. I like that you included the trailer and also how you explained the plot. You should have a separate paragraph for the characters though after the introduction.

    Great job and I look forward to reading your photo essay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nathan. I like your review since you made an analysis based on the positive perspective. The tone is positive and the trailer is impressive. However, as Miss Angela pointed out, you should learn how to form an effective structure. In addition, the conclusion paragraph should be added. Thank you for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete